Wednesday, October 15, 2008

What made me choose Sony Alpha DSLR A300X

There are many tips around to help you in getting the right DSLR camera for yourself. Recently I got myself the Sony Alpha DSLR A300X and I love it very much. It has been such a rewarding and satisfying experience with my Sony Alpha. Of course, I would research first on which model that clicks with me. This alone took me almost 2 months to decide.

Here are some points that made me chose Sony Alpha A300X. They can be regarded as tips for you to decide if you’re planning to get yourself a DSLR as well.

Budget

You get what you paid for. The A300X model has the best package and pricing that fits my budget. There used to be days when DSLRs are very expensive and cost too much to own. I am relatively new to DSLR and what this camera has to offer is perfect for an entry to DSLR. For the X series, the package comes with 2 standard lenses (18-70mm and 50-200mm). That is definitely a good offer to refuse for me. The A series however has only one lens.

Features

Most DSLRs are essentially the same when it comes to features. But for this new release (somewhere in April this year), the A300X has a live view LCD that can be tilted to maximize what you can do with your DSLR. For example, you can use it where it is difficult to have a direct point of sight of the subject that you are photographing. You can hold the camera above your head or at your chest level and yet see what’s on the live view for your shoot.

The Sony Alpha DSLR A300X felt solid and doesn’t feel like it’s made with cheap plastic materials. The robust rubber grip is very comfortable although I was somewhat anxious when I first held it.

Purpose

There are plenty of reasons of why you would want to get yourself a DSLR. Some wants it for professional use or just a hobby. To me, it’s perfect for my initial venture into DSLR photography. I can use it to shoot ordinary family or vacation photos and at the same time experimenting and going artistic indulging myself into different techniques of photography which is often used in more expensive competitor models. I am sure they are some very tiny technical differences that a professional photographer or electronics engineer could tell me.

Conclusion

There are other aspects such as lens compatibilities, options, pricing that ought to be considered as well. Sony is relatively a new player in the market for DSLR but for the hardware components, they inherited the technology from Minolta so that’s a good investment. Sony is a well-known leader in consumer electronics with exceptional product quality. It’s convenient for me to know that they have integrated their electronics expertise in the Alpha models. It’s really worth what I paid for.

No comments: